[time-nuts] GPSDO recurring Time Interval aberation

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sun Dec 21 01:36:32 UTC 2008

Hi there,

this could also be caused by a slight error in the Auto Survey  position of
the Fury GPSDO.

The M12 does the auto survey over 3 hours, so you are limited to the
accuracy and constellation of the Sats during that time period. You could try  the
following to improve your position accuracy:

1) Write down your present hold position.

2) Do another auto survey, preferably at night if you did the first one
during the day, or during the day if you did it at night etc.

3) Average the two resulting positions, pay particular attention to  Antenna
height. For example if you get a height of 45 meters and 47 meters  from the
two measurements, use 46 meters as the averaged result.

4) Enter the averaged position into the unit manually by using the:

   GPS:POS

and:

   GPS:POS LAST

commands.

5) Repeat from 1) as necessary.

Additionally you could try:

6) Increase your Mask angle from 10 Degrees with the command
GPS:SAT:TRAC:EMAN 20

7) Make sure the M12 TRAIM is turned on with the command:

   GPS:REF:TRAIM ON

Hope that helps,
bye,
Said

In a message dated 12/20/2008 12:40:28 Pacific Standard Time,