[time-nuts] He is a Time-Nut Troublemaker....

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Dec 22 19:36:57 UTC 2008

Chuck

It was a paper written around 1942 detailing the procedures used to
align the sights of mass produced rifles for which it was impractical to
have each rifle individually adjusted on a firing range.
Unfortunately I dont think I have a copy of this any longer, however
I'll keep an eye out for it.
The alignment jig used a mirror attached to a cylindrical plug that was
a close slip fit into the end of the bore.
It wasn't perfect but far better than not adjusting the sights at all.

Bruce