[time-nuts] Lady Heather's Disciplined Oscillator (Thunderbolt) Software

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 18:14:50 UTC 2008

Lady Heather,  Mistress of the Disciplined Oscillator,  kidnapped me and locked me in Her Dungeon 'o Doom.  She forced me a whip point to write Her a controller program for Her Thunderbolt.  I had no choice but to comply.  When She stepped out to buy some Whip Wax,  I escaped with Her precious code.
Lady Heather lives on the outskirts of the Land of the Obsolete and the code is written in Quick-C to run under DOS or WIN98, etc that allow direct access to the hardware.  Default video hardware required is a VGA type controller with VESA compatible BIOS.  It should be easy to modify for more modern environments.
Her program allows control over most Thunderbolt parameters and graphs the important ones.  It also supports logging data to a file.  It also calculates and graphs ADEV and OADEV of the REPORTED oscillator ppb and PPS values.