[time-nuts] PPS from Samsung GCRU

Mark Stephens marks at twotoe.com
Fri Dec 26 10:04:24 UTC 2008

Just wanted to bounce some thoughts off the group:

I have a Samsung GCRU and I need to permanently tap the 1PPS signal.

Can the PPS output of the GPS RX be used without interfering with the accuracy of the unit?

Is there is another PPS output, preferably buffered and in phase from the GCRU?

If I am forced to use the GPS RX PPS output, at this stage I would use either a RS232 line driver, or a 74HC04 to buffer the output.

What sort of problems should I look out for?

Happy holidays,
Mark