[time-nuts] WWVB Outages?

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Fri Dec 26 20:25:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 01:08:18PM -0700, Greg Burnett wrote:
> In my case, the Kinemetrics 60TF's "Unlock" alarm is *not* latching.
> Therefore you have to be there, to catch the problem "in the act". ...Or
> else run continuous plots.

	You could modify the receiver and use an SCR or something similar
as a latching alarm trigger.  Leave the current light in place, but add
an additional one that latches, and a reset button to clear the statE.

	Then there's no need for a chart recorder to at least tell if an
alarm has occured since the last time you reset it.

	--msa