[time-nuts] Leap-second happens when...??

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 27 17:14:28 UTC 2008

Peter Vince skrev:
>> For me, PST, UTC midnight is 4 PM, a convenient time to watch.
>
> For those of us in the zulu time zone (near the Greenwich meridian), happening
> just as the new year is about to start is not *nearly* so convenient - especially
> if you are trying to transmit new year celebration programmes, and praying the
> equipment doesn't fall over!

"At the time Big Ben strikes midnight we expect a slight interrupt of
the programme, for which we are deeply sorry."

Maybe it could be a big motivator for getting an upgrade of equipment.

I feel for you, as you need to stand by (physically) rather than staying
at home or with friends as appropriate.

Cheers,
Magnus