[time-nuts] Ovenaire OSC-48-11C Oscillator info?

Dave M masondg44 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 18:50:54 UTC 2008

Rummaging through my junquebox this weekend produced an Ovenaire OSC-48-11C 3MHz ovenized oscillator.  Googling for an hour or so produced little useful information.  Does anyone have data or a source for data on this unit?  It seems that Ovenaire went through several acquisitions over the years, eventually being swallowed up by Corning Frequency Products, which is nowhere to be found.

It has four terminals on the top of the unit; E1 through E4.  I'm sure that one is ground and one is the RF output.  Are the oven power and oscillator power separate (on the other two terminals) or tied together internally?
What are the oven and oscillator power voltages?
Is the oscillator able to be disciplined?  If so, what are the characteristics?

Any help is sincerely appreciated.
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the address)

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.