[time-nuts] Help ID Display

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Dec 29 19:42:04 UTC 2008

Hi Dick:

It's probably a standard HD44780 type character display.  Since the HD44780 is
long obsolete you probably will not see that number on any of the ICs, the
electrical and software interface is most likely compatible.
http://www.prc68.com/I/PIC16F88.shtml#LCD

The above link has some info on different ways to control them.  For example
you can use a multi-wire parallel approach, or various ways to use fewer I/O
pins on the uC.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com