[time-nuts] GPS Locked and Unlocked Performance Comparison

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 22:10:52 UTC 2008

Hello Tom,

Bruce mentioned there is a validity bit that can be checked for holdover. I
wonder if a small micro can be used to hold the EFC voltage steady without
much  effort. Or maybe using Super-Caps in the loop filter?

Or maybe use one of those new 24 bit Sigma-Delta ADC/DAC chips to capture a
24 bit word (ADC) and feed that to the 24 bit DAC during holdover. Kind of a
24  bit high-precision sample-and-hold circuit.

It would be a shame to have such a good OCXO performance go unused during
short hold-overs. Interesting technical challenge.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 2/13/2008 11:54:08 Pacific Standard Time,