[time-nuts] Allan variance Vs Plain Old Accuracy

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Feb 14 15:56:30 UTC 2008

Modern counters have "interpolators" (now called "time to
digital converters") that can measure
fractions of a cycle.  Even the old Agilent 53132,
designed 15 years ago, measures any frequency to 12
significant figures in one second.  For example, it will display
10 MHz to .00001 Hz using a 1 second gate time.

Rick Karlquist N6RK