[time-nuts] Allan variance Vs Plain Old Accuracy

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Thu Feb 14 18:46:30 UTC 2008

At 10:56 AM 2/14/2008, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote...
>Modern counters have "interpolators" (now called "time to digital
>converters") that can measure fractions of a cycle.

It appears he used an SRS620, which despite being called a "counter,"
really measures a time interval, and then computes the frequency.
"Counter" is a misnomer.

I was just "tweaking" him a bit for giving conclusions based on
measurements from an unstated instrument with an unstated timebase.