[time-nuts] favorite microcontroller module?

Patrick optomatic at rogers.com
Sat Feb 16 01:57:21 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone

I just bought a book called "making things talk" from O'Reilly. I just
started reading it. The book looks fine but it appears that most of the
projects are based on the Arduino line of microcontroller modules and
they use the processing/wiring language. I am not crazy about learning
another language or using an IDE that shields me from details I ought to
know. I can program reasonably well in Python and I can get by with PHP
and C. I use Linux and am comfortable with it.

Is anyone out there using a similar product that can be programmed in
Python, PHP, C or another common language?

Thanks-Patrick