[time-nuts] favorite microcontroller module?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 04:04:35 UTC 2008

Hello Bob,

>Has (?)/Had some extremely obscure bugs,
>don't recall the  exact details right now,
>but I decided I didn't need the  hassles
>in some lifesupport equipment I was designing.
>Was the  original Philips ARMs.

NXP took care of most of the issues long time  ago. Remaining bugs are well
documented, better than parts from other  companies without documented bug list.

Get the /01 versions of the chips. Available for around $2 in volume. Easily
available on Digikey, and dev boards are $30.95 on Sparkfun.  Free GNU tools
available, including several free OS's. Love the fact that  executables run on
different parts, one can choose based on memory  requirements.

Another one is NEC, they make a host of Microcontrollers that are  extremely
popular in Detroit. Lot's of support, high-reliability with wide temp  ranges
etc. They have units with direct LCD drive, motor control circuitry,  etc.

bye,
Said

Awards. Go to AOL Music.