[time-nuts] Aging rate of crystals

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Feb 16 07:30:46 UTC 2008

At the beginning of the E1938A project, I did some humidity
tests on the 10811.  It was fairly sensitive to humidity.
I think I remember being able to get parts in 10^8 shift.
The E1938A, having the bridge oscillator circuit, is
completely insensitive to humidity and nearly so to
temperature (10^-13 per degree C).  It's aging is basically
the same as the 10811, since the crystals are basically
the same (different package).

Rick Karlquist N6RK