[time-nuts] spectracom line taps

jshank j-shank at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 20:05:17 UTC 2008

Jamie,

If you have the Spectracom 8140 you need to use the line taps.  With out
using the line taps you sinewave will not be symmetrically along 0 voltage,
that is the sine wave will all be positive voltage.

The line taps were available in 10 MHz, 5 MHz, 1 MHz and 0.1MHz.;  what that
means, if your distribution amp is outputting 10 MHz and you use either  of
the above line taps you will receive the line tap stated frequency.  In this
way you can have a variety of output signals available to use for different
applications.  Spectracom has the manual for the 8140 available for a free
download on their website.
www.spectracomcorp.com/ go to; library; downloads; manuals

These are great and very versatile distribution amps.

ps check your amp for installed options and refer to the manual

Jeff