[time-nuts] favorite microcontroller module?

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Thu Feb 21 07:50:58 UTC 2008

Mike S escribió:

> I suppose it's a religious issue, but I have always preferred
> Motorola-style (MOS, Microchip), instruction sets (more orthogonal) and
> mnemonics to Intel-style ones (Atmel). It makes more sense (at least in
> English) to say "put the bread on the table," than "put on the table
> the bread."
>
> And don't get me started about linear addressing and memory I/O
> (Motorola) vs. butt-ugly segmented addressing (Intel).

Exactly the two reasons that made me say '6805 and 6811 were fun' and 'I
did not liked the 8051 at that time' :)

Regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17A                        FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com