[time-nuts] Trimble 23198-61

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Thu Feb 21 22:15:26 UTC 2008

Quoth Jeroen Bastemeijer at 2008-02-22 00:15...
> Attached you'll find I document which I'm planning to upload to my
> webpage (once it is activated). The TSIP settings you mention are
> correct, however TSIP is used on Port 2! (Port 1 can be configured for
> other protocols using TSIPCHAT).

Many thanks for this Jeroen.  Now I just need to see whether this unit
actually works. There are water marks on the PCB and connectors; this
may just be from condensation in storage, but I think I'd better wash it
with demineralised water first and dry it in a cool oven before I power
it up.

Has anyone managed to get TSIPCHAT and TSIPMON working with Wine on
Linux?  I have to either reboot my laptop into Windows (not convenient!)
or fire up another machine, which means finding the keyboard underneath
a huge pile of papers - I would rather use an easier solution ;-)  Then
I just have the 'fun' of getting it to talk to my USB to serial adapter.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/
Personal: http://www.smiffysplace.com/