[time-nuts] Best OS for small time server

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Feb 24 15:20:36 UTC 2008

In message: <39C09AD3-63A9-418C-8B30-A926901F9AA9 at rob-vassar.com>
            Robert Vassar <rvassar at rob-vassar.com> writes:
: It doesn't have full flow control.  No DCD pin.  I was thinking USB
: serial dongle, but I don't think that would work.  It doesn't
: implement an a high priority interrupt like a traditional PC com
: port.  I think some of the antique versions of NTPD supported using
: RD.  The GPIO pin might be made to work, but you're off in to custom
: refclock coding.

Custom refclock coding isn't so bad...  Usually it is just a second fd
that you can get the pps info from...

Warner