[time-nuts] SVN23/PRN32 useable

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Thu Feb 28 00:04:36 UTC 2008

Bruce Griffiths wrote:
> Jeff
>
> My Z3815A also worked (after it acquired a newer almanac).
>
> I added the Motorola receiver detail since Poul experienced a problem
> with dropping PRN32.
> Such problems may depend on the firmware version or other factors.
>
> Bruce

I'll add mine to the list in case it is of value to anyone.

My Z3816A started tracking PRN 32 yesterday. It uses a UT+ receiver.
SFTW P/N  98-P36848P
SOFTWARE VER  3
SOFTWARE REV  1
SOFTWARE DATE may 28 1999

 From messages posted here a while back, this isn't the best or last
firmware version. As I recall the problems had to do with 10kHz output
but I have never noticed anything weird in the operation of the 3816a.
So that version of UT code works for me and picked up 32 yesterday and
today.

I issued the command :gps:sat:trac:incl? through the serial port on the
HP unit and it returned a list with all the numbers from +1, ..., +32 ,
so it is ready for all of them. I think that should work for z3801a and up.

-Rex