[time-nuts] 35601A as stand-in for 11848A ?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Jan 5 03:33:49 UTC 2008

I have a 35601A, although I've never done anything with it.  It seems to be
very much hardwired to work in a 3047A system, with the particular analyzer
model(s) and software controller that entails.  The 11848A is nicer but
still designed to work within a very specific system configuration.

My current thinking is that most people are better off with an 11729B/C, or
possibly just a homebrew quadrature-PLL implementation if they don't care
about microwave downconversion.  The 11729B/C plus an 8662A (or even an
8640B) has everything most people will ever need for PN measurement.

-- john, KE5FX