[time-nuts] HP10811 problem - wrong frequency

Bernd T-Online BNeubig at t-online.de
Sun Jan 13 18:55:56 UTC 2008

philipp80 at gmx.de wrote:
> i have a problem with my HP10811 ocxo. I connected it properly to 24V, 12V
> and to my counter to measure its frequency. The measured frequency is 10.887
> MHz, but it should be 10MHz (also noted on the 10811).

The oscillator has obviously jumped to the so-called B-mode of the
SC-cut crystal. The C-Mode operation (3rd overtone) is enforced by a
circuit consisting of two inductors and two capacitors which is
connected between base and emitter of the oscillator transistor.
Unfortunately I do not have the shematic in hands here, so I cannot tell
you the element IDs. Maybe one of the elements suffered of excessive aging.
I can give you more specific help tomorrow, when I am in my office.

Best regards

Bernd
DK1AG
AXTAL GmbH & Co. KG