[time-nuts] Prologix, 1 more quick ?

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Thu Jan 17 11:49:42 UTC 2008

Here is a snippet of code that is a work in progress, but should help
you get your prologix working:
---------------------------------
#! /usr/bin/env python

# 7854.py - try out some gpib data collection using the Prologix gpib-usb controller
#

import os
import termios
import serial
import time

def gpib_init() :
	ser.write("++mode 1\r")
	time.sleep(0.1)
	ser.write("++ifc\r")
	time.sleep(0.1)
	ser.write("++auto 0\r")
	time.sleep(0.1)
	ser.write("++eoi 0\r")
	time.sleep(0.1)

def gpib_read(addr):
	ser.write("++addr " + str(addr) + "\r")
	time.sleep(0.1)
	ser.write("++read eoi\r")
	return ser.readline()

def gpib_write(addr,gpibstr):
	ser.write("++addr " + str(addr) + "\r")
	time.sleep(0.1)
	ser.write(gpibstr + "\r")

#
# test program...
#

ser = serial.Serial('/dev/ttyUSB0',rtscts=0,timeout=1)

ser.write("++ver\r")
print ser.readline()

gpib_init()

gpib_write(10,"ID?\r")