[time-nuts] Ovenaire OSC 49-61C

Geoff Blake geoff at palaemon.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 18:37:53 UTC 2008

John Ackermann N8UR wrote:

> Geoff, my understanding is that for a time HP swapped out the
> 10811A oscillator in the 8566/8568 with another unit, probably
> the one you're talking about.  If that's the case, I strongly
> suspect that the pinout would be compatible with the 10811A.
> So that might be worth checking.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply, sadly, it is not plug compatible with the
10811 although the spec does not look too different, i.e. parts in
10^9 etc. What I would really like to know is the EFT voltage
range, the oven voltage - which I believe to be 20V and the
oscillator voltage range.

"Jeff Walker" <w3jw at rivnet.net> wrote:

> Geoff,
> I have one of each lying in front of me. They are quite
> different. The 10811 is 3 3/4" by 2" by 2 3/8". It has a PC edge
> connector with 15 contacts protruding from the case.
> The 49-61C is 3 1/2" by 1 15/16" by 1 15/16". It has 6
> individual thru-case pins to a short pigtail lead with a 5 pin
> mini connector at the end.
> The physical mounting method for the two units is entirely
> different.
> I have no info on the electrical specifications of the 49-61C
> (except those derived from the specs of the 8568B SA.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks to you also. I was sitting at my desk this afternoon
comparing a 10811-60111 and the OSC 49-61C and they look to
be exactly the same as your two. My Ovenaire has a right-angled
co-ax socket (SMC?) for the 10MHz out.

OK, I can look at the 8568A manual and also make some measurements
to determine the voltages - I have 4 other 8568's in the shop at
the moment, at least one will have a Ovenaire OCXO - but the EFT
is a bit of an enigma. I believe that there is a source voltage
pin for the EFT on the OSC 49-61C and guess that a pot would be
connected between that pin and ground.

Thanks again Jeff, John, and any further input will be welcome.

TTFN

Geoff

--
    Geoff Blake G8GNZ      located  near  Chelmsford,  Essex,  U.K.
    Please reply to:      geoff(at)palaemon(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk

    Please  avoid  sending  me  Word  or  PowerPoint  attachments.
    See    <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

    This  E-mail  and any  attachment(s) are strictly  confidential
    and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the
    intended recipient please notify <postmaster(at)palaemon.co.uk>
    and the sender by return and permanently delete the message.

    You may not disclose, forward or copy this E-mail or any of its
    attachments to any third party without the prior consent of the
    sender.