[time-nuts] Z3801A performance plots

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Jan 25 15:30:26 UTC 2008

Hi Mike --

Tom's plots at http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/z3801a-osc/ show 13
Z3801As running in unlocked mode, measured against one of his most
excellent references.  So I think that plot shows what you're looking
for.  I was just trying to show what you get when you are running in the
normal locked condition (my units almost never go into holdover, so I
was more interested in what the normal behavior was).

One thing that's not clear from Tom's page, though, is whether the units
were in "smart" holdover mode (ie, no GPS signal but the CPU still
steering based on its learned aging curve) or truly freestanding with no
EFC being applied.

John
----