[time-nuts] Power Supply Questions

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Jan 31 20:00:45 UTC 2008

Does the power source for just a GPS module matter that much? Most that I've
seen just use a cheap wallwort and a lm-whatever 5v regulator chip...
nothing fancy.

My second question is what do you guys think about Acopian power supplies? I
picked up a couple 24v linear gold box models with good regulation and low
ripple for super cheap on eBay (model A24MT210 if you want to look it up). I
figure it has to be better for my GPSDO than the cheap switching PSU I have
been using.

Jason