[time-nuts] Thunderbolt and USB to RS232 converters

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 23:34:57 UTC 2008

> In the device manager, choose "View: Show hidden devices." The grayed
> out devices have once been, but are no longer, connected to your
> machine. Remove the ones that you no longer care about. You can also
> remap the comport-numbers in the properties of the serial port devices,
> use the button "Advanced..." there.

I'm aware of those, but the next new USB serial device you plug in will
still be the next higher number.  It is the counter for this number I've
not been able to locate.

> These are the things that make me happy to be using Linux for most of my
> electronics stuff ;-)...

At this very moment I'm wearing a T-Shirt that says "Geek by Nature" on
the front and "Linux by Choice" on the back.  :-)  It is only at the
day job where IT told me "We are a Windows shop, Linux is nothing
but a toy" that I'm forced to use Windows (Resume anyone?).
Funny I thought we were a company that made Fire Fighting equipment,
not a shop that made Windows... :-<

--
http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
http://www.softwaresafety.net/