[time-nuts] Efratom LPRO Rubidium

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jul 7 08:22:41 UTC 2008

> The unit powers up about +200 Hz  above 10 MHz (mine is modified to no
> longer put out 15 MHz). After 30 minutes it has dropped slowly to +150
> Hz. It briefly shows an online indication then. But a few minutes
> later that goes off and the fault light comes on. The frequency drops
> as low as +129 Hz as things continue to heat up. A couple of days
> later its still in the +129 ~+149 Hz range. I can heat and cool it and
> move the frequency ( +157 Hz at 90°F inside the Lucent box, +129Hz at
> 110°F), so the loop definitely isn't in control.

My LPRO is 4 or 5 milli Hz high.  I can't see any changes with temperature
and my setup swings through 15 F p-p during most days.

That's with the electrical tuning open and no adjustments to the mechanical
tuning.

I couldn't find any specs for the mechanical or electrical tuning range in
the data sheet.  Has anybody measured it?