[time-nuts] PCB costs and suggestions for suppliers

Patrick optomatic at rogers.com
Tue Jul 8 17:07:00 UTC 2008

Hey David

I asked a similar question about a couple of months ago in this thread:
[time-nuts] PCB design questions thread II

I got lots of great answers. I copied some samples for you below. Please let me now if you need the whole thread forwarded-Patrick

Cheapest place I've come across for easy boards with 10mil or large lines
is this one, but I've not used them yet (probably next month I will):

http://www.futurlec.com/PCBService.shtml

for guaranteed product quality, including choice of material (FR4 choices,
Getec, etc), tight impedance control, cleanliness (to reduce loss tangent
especially for high-frequency performance), and documentation including
solder-samples and cross-sections etc, try:

  _http://www.titanpcb.com/about_us/Titan_West.asp_
(http://www.titanpcb.com/about_us/Titan_West.asp)

Not the cheapest, but great for "professional" proto's when quality trumps
cost (above 1GHz, one source FR4 is totally different from another  sources
FR4...)

expresspcb.com works well for low cost, quick-turn proto's.

I've had good experiences with www.pcbex.com.  A little cheaper than
pcbfabexpress (which I've also used and recommend).  Batchpcb (which someone
else mentioned) has been good for 1-off boards if they aren't too big --
sometimes
I've gotten boards which aren't sheared quite square, but that's
basically a cosmetic
problem.

These are the ones we've used. I am sure there are many others.
Prototypes -- www.pcbfabexpress.com
Production -- www.pcbnet.com

For one-off PCBs, I've had good luck with www.batchpcb.com .  They work by
panelizing different orders together