[time-nuts] Re Frequency divider design critique request

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Fri Jul 11 03:10:49 UTC 2008

christopher hoover wrote, in part,

"John and I have both been preoccupied with Life over the last N months
and haven't gotten back to the project yet."

I can identify with that. Back in the 70's, Life was a cellular automata
display on primitive computers. I wrote a routine to plot the population
numbers on an HP plotter that came with a very large FORTRAN package (we
used about 3% of it). Fascinating to see the way some populations would
approach extinction and come roaring back.

What have you done with Life using modern computers?

I mean, life is a function of time, no? Right on topic, yes?

Bill Hawkins