[time-nuts] Allan variance of Thunderbolt

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Jul 11 22:20:19 UTC 2008

I believe the Allan variance graph in Trimble's data sheet was taken before
Selective Availability was turned off.  I'm not sure what impact this would
have; I wouldn't expect any at all at tau << 100s.

A pronounced hump in the ADEV plot could suggest that the disciplining loop
is underdamped.  Ideally you wouldn't be able to tell where the OCXO's
influence ends and GPS's begins.

-- john, KE5FX