[time-nuts] Frequency divider design critique request

christopher hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Sat Jul 12 03:18:32 UTC 2008

David Partridge wrote:
> CPLD - wassat?  OK, OK I have some idea, but that's about all I know.
> Anyway these are probably BGA stuff which I couldn't hope to hand solder
anyway

Many CPLD's are leaded.  Only the high-pin count CPLD/FPGA's are BGA.

> Chris Hoover,

Christopher, per favor.

> You mean you've got something that does all that and more and you've
> kept quiet about it!  Shame on you!  Or is it really only in the early
> stages of gestation?

We don't have a board yet, but the code works fine on the Digilent proto
board and the REFLOCK II board.  The latter is Altera rather than Xilinx,
but the same code works on both, but you have to tweak the pin assignments
naturally.

As I said, I am happy to make the VHDL available.   I ought to put under
revision control somewhere.

-ch