[time-nuts] Thunderbolt - temperature

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jul 12 08:36:15 UTC 2008

Magnus Danielson wrote:
>> The temperature is the electronics temperature.  When I put the cover on my red-boxed unit,  the temperature went up about 8 C.  This would not have happened if them temp was inside the thermostatically controlled oven.
>>

> The temperature in the oven would also shift, but not by that amount. The
> numbers I have seen seems to indicate electronics temperature, and this is
> more usefull if a single temperature is given.
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus

The ambient air temperature at a specific point within the enclosure or
the temperature of a specific component?
i.e. any pictures of the temperature sensor and its location.

Are the apparent rapid temperature fluctuations observed by some real or
are they the result of inadvertent detection of an intermittent burst of
EMI from a switching supply?

Bruce