[time-nuts] Double ovened 10811-60158 on ebay

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Jul 20 15:21:25 UTC 2008

In message <006c01c8ea7a$d2d14960$0900a8c0 at pc52>, "Tom Van Baak" writes:

>It would seem to me that a perfectly hermetically sealed oscillator
>is not a requirement for a typical GPSDO.

Spot on.

All you need to care about, is making the changes slow enough that
the GPSDO can deal with them.

I think I have mentioned it before, but a really good way to do so
is to find an old fridge and put your stuff in that without starting
the cooling compressor.

The thermal insulation of the fridge will delay any temperature or
humidity changes by many hours.

Of course there is a limit to how much power you can burn in the
fridge without it getting too hot.