[time-nuts] How to get 32.768KHz from 10MHz.

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Wed Jul 23 14:32:34 UTC 2008

At 10:09 AM 7/23/2008, Max Skop wrote...
>How does one get a 32.768KHz signal from our 10MHz reference.
>There does not appear to be a nice divide ratio to do this.

I've thought about this too. It seems the simple way would be to clock
a PIC with the 10 MHz, then use loops to produce the 32768 Hz. It's
easier than it seems once you realize that phase noise doesn't really
matter in this application - duty cycles don't need to be exactly 50%,
etc.