[time-nuts] How to get 32.768KHz from 10MHz.

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Wed Jul 23 22:28:43 UTC 2008

   Mike S,

   I think you missed the point !  One does not ask the question "How does
   one get a 32.768KHz signal from our 10MHz reference ?" and not expect
   it to cost both in terms of money and effort.  There was no statement
   of doing it cheap, re-read the original Email.

   Bill....WB6BNQ

   Mike S wrote:

     At 05:42 PM 7/23/2008, Bruce Griffiths wrote...
     >Another approach is to divide the 10MHz by 5^7 (78125) and then use
     an

     >injection locked multiplier chain to generate 32768 Hz from the
     >resultant 128Hz output.
     >It may even be possible to do the 256x multiplication using a
     single
     >injection locked 32768Hz injection locked multiplier.

     You're missing the point. The application is to drive a common,
     readily
     available consumer clock. Simple and cheap. It can be done with a
     single $1 PIC. You could spend $20 or $100 and not get better
     results
     for the application. If you can describe a way of doing it for
     $0.50,
     please do.

     To unsubscribe, go to
     [1]https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts