[time-nuts] A fan for the Z3801A

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Mon Jul 28 13:40:40 UTC 2008

Murray,

   thanks for the advice.

Well, my intention was, as suggested by a private message, to use a 12V fan powered at 5V, so that it runs slowly and
silently, not blowing external air into the unit, but just extracting the hot air from the inside.

  And given that the unit is placed in the basement of the house, with a change in temperature between the day and the
night of no more than 1 Celsius, may be the use of the fan should not disturb the thermal regulation of the OCXO and the
other temperature-sensitive devices, while at the same time lowering the working temperature of those hot ICs, thus
prolonging (maybe) their life.

  Anyway I am open to comments and suggestions.    Thanks

73  Alberto  I2PHD