[time-nuts] Thunderbolt

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Jun 3 23:49:52 UTC 2008

> I was wondering if someone could shed some light on how the tboltmon can be
> able to log the measuements form a 53132 and what the setup there could be.
> I don't have a 53132 but the CNT-90 has a 53132 compatibility mode... but it
> does not grey out the controls for that. How do I get that cooking?

Set a second serial port for the counter. Use the 53131/53132 to
measure your UUT (1PPS) vs. the TBolt (1PPS). TBoltMon then
does sawtooth correction and logs the result. Rick's CNS TAC32
program does a similar thing. I think the 53132A is simply set to
talk only mode (does the CNT-90 do that too?) I'm not near my
lab now, or else I'd be more specific.

> Trimble's site seems not to provide all the info any more. If someone has the
> appnotes etc. I would apprechiate that. Basically any info beyond the manual
> and tboltmon which had alternative links from tom's page.

I figured that over the next few months the group will come up
with all sorts of additional information on our own.

/tvb