[time-nuts] low-g OCXO GPSDO

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 17:02:21 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

my apologies for the commercial part in the email.

Does anyone have information on the typical g-sensitivity of
crystals/oscillators? We see about 1 to 2E-09 frequency change when turning  typical OCXO's
around on their back (a 2g turn-over).

We introduced a low-g GPSDO that is especially useful in mobile
applications, for example inside a vehicle, or carried around by a user in  a backpack etc.

A "normal" OCXO would drift significantly when being turned around in any
direction. That's one of the big advantages of Rb's, they compensate for the
crystal error after a short drift...

For that kind of use, we are putting a special very low-g OCXO on our board
to reduce the frequency drift as much as possible (>10x improvement desired
over a standard crystal). You can see a picture in our press release  at:

   _http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=865007&sourceType=3_
(http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=865007&sourceType=3)

I am very interested to see what experience folks have with low-g  crystals
and OCXO's.

Does anyone have experience with using active Crystal compensation for
varying g-vectors? How about special crystals, or three-axis-crystal compensated
systems etc?

thanks,
bye,
Said