[time-nuts] thunderbolt for ntpd or gpsd

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Wed Jun 11 02:11:51 UTC 2008

That's a good question: on the computer side, can a single serial port be
used for both 1PPS (for ntpd purposes) using one of the modem control
signals and for serial gps monitoring without having to write custom code?

Didier KO4BB

PS: I would advise against going inside the TB and adding the 1PPS on the
serial port. Better keep these two separate, even though for ntp
applications, you don't need nS stability.

PPS: here is how I glued the power supply to the TB, for a compact package
(running from the UPS):
http://www.ko4bb.com//Test_Equipment/Thunderbolt/group_buy/