[time-nuts] Finally acquired a 5370B

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Thu Jun 12 08:13:30 UTC 2008

Jim Palfreyman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Well getting a second hand 5370B will be no big deal for those of you in the
> US, but in Australia getting one of these units is very expensive due to
> rare local availability and cost of postage from the US. I was recently
> quoted US$350 - more than the unit itself cost!

I have the same problem here in the UK, but generally its cheaper to
import from the US than to buy here in the UK, even after paying carriage.

Some time ago I scanned the 5370B manual. A downsampled copy can be
found on the Agilent web site, but if you don't mind the large download
(over 500 MB), my original scanned copy can be found on several sites. See

http://www.g8wrb.org/useful-stuff/time/HP-5370B/

 for a list of mirrors of the file. It was downsampled to 150 dpi, and
that's the version on the Agilent site, but as far as I am aware, the
best electronic copy is the one I made.