[time-nuts] Non-impedance matched antenna cables

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Fri Jun 13 08:47:42 UTC 2008

I've seen that you're right, Thunderbolt is originally supplied with
75ft of 75 ohm RG-59 cable, as indicated in the manual... So I've the
inverse problem: the GPS antennas we have in the roof both have 50ohm
cable :) So... would be good to change the impedance at the Thunderbolt
antenna port from 75 to 50 by means of some impedance converter? (of
course, not altering the DC supply to the antenna).

Regards,

Javier, EA1CRB