[time-nuts] [Fwd: Re: Thunderbolt PS]

paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 18:31:22 UTC 2008

Interesting work posted here about phase noise and how the psu affects
this, I have a couple of questions while I'm planning the supply -

First, which rail affected the noise component most?

Second, what current does the unit draw from each of the rails?

My Symetricon splitter takes the gps antenna supply 5v from the receiver
in my ntp server so normally the feed from the  thunderbolt wont have
any load so I'd be particularly interested to know how much current at
5v is needed with no antenna connected.

Last of my two questions (which seems to have grown into a longer list)
is has the Thunderbolt got s/c protection for the 5v gps antenna feed?

Any info gratefully received.

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI
http://www.gw8izr.com