[time-nuts] cesium clocks..

Peter Vince pvince at theiet.org
Fri Jun 20 10:49:42 UTC 2008

>Well... in fact, that's sort of the question I'm asking. if one does
>search Ebay, what's an effective search term?
>
>Leaving aside the $60 Nike Cesiums...

Were you aware that you can add terms in the search box preceded by a
negative sign to exclude items that match that?  ie "cesium -nike"
(without the quotes) should eliminate the multiple shoes listings.

The British spelling adds an A (caesium), so you may want to include that.

Choosing just the HP numbers (5071, 5061) would exclude other
manufacturers like FTS and Oscilloquartz, so perhaps a generic
cesium/cesium is better.

As an aside, and if I may be permitted a small advertisement, I have
an FTS4060/S24 which I would like to sell.  I picked it up off ebay a
couple of years ago, and whilst it works, the tube is very near the
end of its life.  It really is built like a battleship - very heavy.
If anyone is interested, please contact me off list
(pvince at theiet.org).

	Regards,

		Peter Vince  (G8ZZR, London, England)