[time-nuts] Home built cesium clocks???

swingbyte swingbyte at exemail.com.au
Sat Jun 28 12:30:53 UTC 2008

G'day fellow time-nuts.

I was just going through some old projects and found my old home-made
mass spectrometer.  This was a project based on a design from either
Scientific American or The Amateur Scientist back in the '60s.  I was
wondering if anyone here had heard of a similar project for a cesium
clock?  Although my home built mass-spec wasn't in the same league as a
bought one, it did work and did get me a HD in physics!  How hard is it
to make a cesium clock?  Just thinking about it and wondering what is
actually inside the physics package.

Tim.