[time-nuts] Home built cesium clocks???

Predrag Dukic stijena at tapko.de
Sat Jun 28 19:12:16 UTC 2008

Microwave components are now cheap and easy to fabricate (thanks to
millions of GSMs GPSs and sat receivers).

Optical pumping/detection is difficult because optical frequencies
(hundreds of THz)  have to be accurate and stable within 100khz (1
MHz at worst).

Cesium itself is also difficult part: It has to be extremely pure (N6
or better), and filling it without contamination....could be tricky.

Predrag Dukic