[time-nuts] Home built cesium clocks???

Predrag Dukic stijena at tapko.de
Sun Jun 29 10:10:46 UTC 2008

Bruce,

I did my homework and collected everything from the internet I could
get.  I have this one too.

If I go optical way, I still need 9+GHz  electrical source, so I will
first recreate electronics. Using off the shelf DDS chips, or using FPGA.

Also I need 9 GHz AOM, so that I can split the same optical beam and
have two wavelengths 9ghz apart.  That is a problem because I have
only 350 MHz AOM.

Multiple pass is difficult, it would take cca 27 passes to get 9
GHz.   On the other side, I wouldn't need the last stages of SRD
multiplication to get 9 GHz microwave.

No doubt, I will have a lot of fun with the project.

Predrag