[time-nuts] Trimble 36576-A GPS Module

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Sun Mar 2 00:13:19 UTC 2008

Hi

Does anyone have one of these or is able to identify it?

This module looks very much like an ACE unit and indeed the eBay
vendor's link to documentation is to an ACE II.

However, the ACE units have a 90 degree SMA antenna connector whereas
this unit has a vertical, unthreaded connector od=4.97mm.

Typically, searching for this number on the Trimble site comes up with
nothing, nor the PII-M1 or 9923A printed on the PCB.

The second mystery is that the supplied antenna, a 40767-40 has another
connector that I cannot identify.  The specification for this antenna
says that it has an SMA connector.  Once again, what is on the end of
the cable is something else.

There is a fly-lead to connect the board to the antenna - different
connectors on both ends, none threaded.

What I really want to know, more than anything, is what these connectors
are so that I can get adapters for my cable extension.

Or should I just chop the ends off the antenna cable and fly lead and
chuck on something a bit more standard like a BNC connector?

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/
Personal: http://www.smiffysplace.com/