[time-nuts] Mounting GPS Antenna on Steel Roof

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Tue Mar 4 23:12:00 UTC 2008

Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi Bruce:
>
> Yes.
>
> There was a prior thread about using X band offset parabolic TV
> antennas with a stock GPS antenna.  The idea being to aim the beam at
> a WAAS GPS satellite. I heard it worked well even though cross pol
> should have made for poor results.
>
> How to find out about where the WAAS GPS sats are located and if the
> M12+T will work with them?
>
> Have Fun,
>
> Brooke Clarke
Brooke

Some idea of the complexities introduced by nearby reflectors/obstacles
can be found in:
http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/gi/research/schriftenreihe/quo_vadis/pdf/hannah.pdf

WAAS

The receiver will "receive" WAAS satellite data if and only if it can
process the PRN codes and message formats used by such satellites.
some dated WAAS info:
http://www.gpsinformation.net/exe/waas.html

Bruce