[time-nuts] James Knights ovenized crystal

Bill Bearden bearden at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 7 07:55:29 UTC 2008

I have a JK device named a "Thermystal".  The
label says "1000 KC" 43 MMFD (any age clues
there?:-)).  So I'm guessing it's an ovenized
parallel-resonant crystal which is (was?) on
frequency with 43 pf in parallel.  This is a
fairly large unit, about 1.75 X1.25 X 3.25 inches.
It has an ordinary octal plug on the bottom.

Does anyone have any information on this or a
similar unit?  I've had no luck with Google.  I
especially would like to have the pin connections
and oven voltage, and whether there is anything
other than a crystal and oven in the box.  If
worst comes to worst, of course, I'll open it up
and look.

Thanks,

Bill, WB6JVC