[time-nuts] Rubidium Oscillators and Racal 1992

Max Skop mskop at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 12 09:41:55 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I have replaced the lamp in an FRK with out to much trouble. When I got the
unit it had no output so I purchased a couple of lamps on e-bay for $30 ea.
The glue holding the lamp looked like Silastic. I cut the glue with a small
knife and removed the lamp intact. I filled the holder with new Silastic and
pushed  the new lamp in to the same depth. Allow to dry and a working
oscillator.  Initial start up took about 15-20 minuets before lock came on.
Its not hard to do and well worth the result.  Does anyoneone need a well
used lamp slightly yellow in colour?

Regards
Max  VK3YBA